Wednesday 8th January
Intent for Strength Work:
Deadlifts: Drop the bum, tight back & scaps ana activate your midline. Drive heels into the ground.
Strict Press: Draw rib cage down tight (like you're about to be punched in the stomach).
Drive elbows under the bar.
Push Press: Strong dip and drive, weight through heels and get your head through.
Pull ups: Tight midline and hold strong position throughout the pull up (like a gymnast)
Lope climbs: Fast, strong pulls if you're doing legless. Strong foot bite so the rope doesn't slip every bite.
Intent for Conditioning:
- Smooth barbell cycling and skill work under fatigue.
- Aim to move fast, however this shouldn't be to the detriment of moving well.
- Stay tight on the barbell movements, fast pulls on the hangs and powerful shoulder to overhead.
- On the skill stuff stay efficient and hold strong positions throughout the movements.
- This will get tough so aim to minimise rest and break movements up into smart sets.