Intent for the Mixed Modal Capacity:
- The first part of this piece should be a bit of a push to get get the work done.
- Gives you a good chance to get some good skill work in during a workout
- Also a chance to get some good cycling work in as well.
- You'll need to be strategic with this - with the reps decreasing, push the pace
- The second part is all about going heavy and moving some load under fatigue
Intent for the Run / Hypoxic Work:
- We don't usually get the chance to work purely on running and breathing
- The goal here is to push the pace on the first 200m breathing only through the nose, which will make the hard pretty tough
- Bring the pace right back down at the 200m mark for that recovery jog
- The point behind this is to get the body efficient with low oxygen during tough efforts.